Kestrel 5700 Elite Weather Meter with Applied Ballistics and LiNK, Tan
The new Kestrel 5700 Elite Weather Meter with Applied Ballistics and LiNK, is an updated version of the now discontinued Kestrel 4500 model. The Kestrel 5700 Elite Weather Meter with Applied Ballistics and LiNK combines sophisticated environmental sensing features with long-range shooting ballistics information in one hand-held device.
Functionally the same as the 4500 models, the new 5700 has a number of improvements, such as:
- Bluetooth LINK to Smartphones / Mobiel / Android / IOS
- Works with Bushnell CONX Range Finder
- Takes 1 AA battery (instead of 2 AAA)
- Battery door is in the back, sealed away from the motherboard, should your battery leak as was common with all the 4000 series
- Improved high resolution screen for any lighting (even sunlight) and easy on your eyes.
- Intuitive user-interface screen navigation
- Multiple Languages: English, French, German, Spanish
- Scratch and breakage-resistant window
- All meters include both options of Red (NV - Night Vision) & White backlights.
- Slightly bigger, not really noticeable difference. Fits same cases.
If you select the Bluetooth Kestrel LINK model, you'll want to download the Kestrel LiNK Ballistics app to your smart phone to load your guns / ammo to the meter. The new Kestrel Meters with Bluetooth include the software necessary to communicate wirelessly at a range of up to 100 feet with a clear line of site (walls or obstacles will effect this range).
The built in Applied Ballistics software provides all of the following:
- The accurate and trusted ‘Litz’ library of G1 and G7 referenced Ballistic Coefficients (BC’s).
- Custom drag curve modeling; helpful in engaging targets beyond the supersonic range of the bullet.
- Ballistic Calibration (truing) feature allows you to ‘train’ the solver based on actual bullet impact.
- PC Loader software; build firearm profiles on your computer and transfer them via wire or Bluetooth.
The Kestrel Shooter's Weather Meter with Applied Ballistics Technology measures up to 15 environmental parameters and allows users to select from either G1 or G7 ballistic coefficients (BC) when calculating a trajectory at the range. The handy, portable meter also offers the “Litz” measured BC library of over 225 bullets, which is considered to be the most extensive source of measured data for modern small arms bullets.
Users can “true” the Kestrel Shooters Weather Meter with Applied Ballistics software to match a specific rifle based on observed impacts at long range with the ballistics calibration feature, which offers even more accurate data points for the firer to rely on. With easy access to more accurate BC data, shooters have everything they need to make a much more precise trajectory calculation in a compact and durable Kestrel meter design.
Access to the full Applied Ballistics Custom Curve library requires the Applied Ballistics Profile Loader PC application together with either Bluetooth® data transfer capability and PC, or the Kestrel Computer Interface accessory. The Applied Ballistics Profile Loader is available free to download from Kestrel.
Kestrel With Applied Ballistics and Bluetooth
Kestrel 5700 Elite Weather Meter with Applied Ballistics has integrated Bluetooth® technology allowing the ultimate in portable and accurate environmental data. Now, both real-time and logged data can be transferred wirelessly and automatically to a laptop or PDA, making a Kestrel Shooter's Weather Meter with Applied Ballistics and Bluetooth® technology the perfect tool for virtually any job that requires quick and reliable data.
Kestrel 5700 Elite Applied Ballistics Meter Features
- Calculate accurate fire control solutions for long range rifle shooting.
- Select either G1 or G7 ballistic coefficient when calculating a trajectory.
- Get ballistic coefficient data for more than 225 long range bullets,
- Load up to 16 guns, 1 bullet each. In the case where you have multiple ammo types for a given rifle, you need to enter a whole new gun for each ammo type.
- The AB Kestrel comes with numerous pre-loaded drag models, but not entire gun/ammo profiles. In other words you have to build your gun profile, but you can choose from the list of bullets when modeling your ammo.
- Measure up to 15 environmental parameters at your fingertips.
- “True” the software to match your specific rifle based on observed impacts at long range.
- Calculates and adjusts for gyroscopic spin drift and Coriolis effect.
- Adjusts for Angle.
- Wind speed/air velocity.
- Ambient Temperature.
- Relative humidity.
- Barometric Pressure.
- Crosswind, Headwind, and Tailwind.
- Density Altitude.
- Dew Point.
- Heat Index.
- Wet Bulb Temperature.
- Wind Chill.
Additional, detailed specifications can be found in the "SPECS" tab on this page.
*Kestrel strongly recommends that you use only Energizer Ultimate Lithium batteries in your Kestrel Meter. If you choose to install alkaline batteries, it is recommended that you do NOT store your Kestrel with these batteries installed, and that you check your batteries for leakage and corrosion a minimum of every 30 days. Damage due to leaking alkaline batteries is not covered under warranty.